ISLAMABAD: The Federal Capital will get a new force to maintain the law and order situation which, according to Federal Minister Sheikh Rasheed, has worsened.

The interior minister, in a video statement, promised that the government will take steps to ensure Islamabad is safer in the days to come.

He said this after two policemen were gunned down in a late-night targeted attack in the city.

Rasheed said during the PTI government, the number of police martyrs has reached nine and paid tributes to those sacrificing their lives for peace.

He also announced that to make Islamabad more secure, an additional 100 eagle squads will be inducted taking, the total number of motorcycle squads to 150. They will keep a check on the city with the help of the Safe City and a wireless system.

Sharing more details about the steps taken to improve the law and order situation in the city, he said currently, eagle squads have only two mobile vans while 16 more would be added soon.

The Federal Capital, he said, is connected with Punjab and KP and the government would make it a “safe zone”.

“We are going to take important steps this week,” he said.

The minister said he is going to Waziristan to review fencing along the Afghan border, which would be completed in two months.

“88% work is completed on Pak-Afghan border after which we will also complete fencing on the Iranian border, which is expected to be completed by the year-end,” added the minister.

He said the government of Prime Minister Imran Khan is trying to ensure Pakistan’s borders are safe and will introduce an electronic management system in this regard.

Islamabad attack

In another targeted attack late Thursday night, two head constables of police were gunned down by two bike riding gunmen near CTTI College falling in the jurisdiction of Shams Colony police station.

Head Constables Syed Bashir Shah, son of Syed Mushtaq Shah belonging to Malkyal Haripur and Mohammad Ishtiaq, son of Mohammad Yar, hailing from Village Dhairi, Bhaira Sargodha were killed in the shoot out.

Both were killed on the spot, police said and added that the cops were on night patrolling when two bike riding gunmen intercepted them and opened firing.

The bodies were shifted to PIMS hospital for post mortem.

The police high-ups reached the scene soon after the shooting and ordered to cordon off the area but could not arrest the assailants.

Source link

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *